Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting tired off the feel of my old stock shifter and I would like to know if the Steeda Tri-Ax is the way to go. I have heard good things about it but I am on a fairly tight budget so I want it to be worth the time and money. If so, is it something that I can install myself or better left to a professional.

Thanks,

96 Gt
Bassani X pipe
Flows
Dense Charger and K&N

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tri-Ax is the way to go. It is easy to install. The only hard part is breaking the old shifter loose from the transmission. Be sure and set your shift stops correctly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's the only way to go.
Just be careful removing your old shifter. Get a piece of 1x2 about 14" long and just pry it loose from the right side where there is a space B/W the shifter and the frame. Slow and easy pressure will pop it loose.

Oh yea, make sure you have some RTV silicone sealant also for the install.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Go for it. I am quickly learning that on a budget, there is a limited number of mods that will give you a big difference that you can feel. The Tri-ax is one of the best mods you can buy as far as "what you can really feel" or "SOTP." I don't know how I ever stayed with the stock shifter for so long.

The instructions Steeda gives you with the shifter are well written and shouldn't be a problem. I wedged a hammer down next to the old shifter and used the a$$ end to pull up and rip it out. It was a little shocking when it broke loose and I flew back in the seat, but it got the job done. Good luck and have fun with it.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
definately the way to go...i love mine as well..just a little more tranny noise thats all.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I love my Tri-ax...Can really bang through the gears now and its in a much more comfortable position now...And I can eject the CD without having to be a contortionist to get around the shift knob to take it out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts