Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
See mods... The T/A and 4.10s were the best mods I've done. I think the T/A is the best mod for the money for a naturally aspirated car.

Jeff

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
civic slayer said:
what gains can i expect from steeda's timing adjuster....and is it a noticeable difference

what as far as hp do u beleiev u gained and also how do u like the 4:10's.....how high are your rpm's in 5th gear at 80mph

·
Registered
556 Posts
The T/A is worth like 5hp and 20 lbs/ft of torque, but it helps the low rpm response out alot. It helps you at all speeds, like the gears do.

The gears are great, no regrets. This is THE GEAR for a bolt on, naturally aspirated 2V. 80mph would be like 2,700rpms or so, but it is such a smooth motor you don't notice it at all. Problem is it'll cost you like $400-$600 for the gears, install, and speedcal. So if you're looking for cheap gains, the TA is still the winner in my book.

Jeff

·
Registered
906 Posts
timing adjusters are great. I have the Roush one and it works perfectly. Before I was superharged I ran between 12* usually and after the s/c I now run 14*. The torque I got from bumping it up to 14* was great!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nomore4bangers said:
The T/A is worth like 5hp and 20 lbs/ft of torque, but it helps the low rpm response out alot. It helps you at all speeds, like the gears do.

The gears are great, no regrets. This is THE GEAR for a bolt on, naturally aspirated 2V. 80mph would be like 2,700rpms or so, but it is such a smooth motor you don't notice it at all. Problem is it'll cost you like $400-$600 for the gears, install, and speedcal. So if you're looking for cheap gains, the TA is still the winner in my book.

Jeff
well im def gonna do gears but im hung between 3:73's and 4:10's...i have a 98 gt.....what do u hink is the better cause alot of people seem to have the 3:73's and say that 4:10's are too high

·
Registered
52 Posts
Remember the day you first drove your car? All I can say is after having mine for almost 2 years, I got the same readings from the butt-dyno after installing the T/A as I did when I first drove the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts