Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my LCAs in my 03 mach1 to help diff location for HPDE events only a couple of times a year.I'm not ready for a PHB yet until I try LCAs.So I'm interested in your opinions on increase control over stock and I am REALLY concerned about increased NVH cause it's my daily driver and I'm an old fart.Thanks guys.Oh,reviews on the MM LCAs sound like there is a noticeable increase in NVH.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
A PHB will be 50 times more effective than a lower control arm at control lateral differential housing motion. It will add virtually zero NVH. Any control arm that attempts to improve on the lateral control is going to add significant NVH to the car.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I have the MM LCA's(just the standard ones) AND the MM PHB, and I didn't notice much if any increase in the noise. The higher rate springs(Eibach Pro-Kit to Ford C's)were alot more noticeable than the LCA/PHB combo.

My car is kinda/sorta a daily driver. It is, but I don't drive it on crappy days. I also have a rear seat delete, no trunk interior or liner. I would imagine if there was still the OE rear seat that you wouldn't notice any noise at all.

I'd say either control arm you get(Steeda/MM)are gonna give you good results with little to no noise. I imagine if you went with spherical ends, or delrin or something like that is where you'd notice.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I think I've been talked into leaving my LCAs alone and getting a PHB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts