Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using the new street Steeda 5 link set-up? I have an '89 vert (mostly street, maybe a couple autocrosses next year)) and want to fix the stock rear suspension. I would consider a torque arm also but the Steeda setup seems more interesting. Or would I be better off just sticking to aftermarket contol arms and good shocks. (I'm running Koni double adj rear, and yellows front).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am running the 5 link 2 setup, and love it. It is on a 93 cobra. The panhard bar makes a difference with the different setting and lets you tune the car. Make sure you get the correct spring rates or you will not have they system work correctley (mine 850 front 350 rear). I get no wheel hop under braking. Do it. :drool:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
850 front springs seem stiff for a street car. I have run FMS C springs (650) and thought they were borderline harsh on the street. Are you autocrossing mostly?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a 5 links 2 also. I'm using coil overs up front, 260 I believe, which is about equivalent to a 650 regular spring.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be running 350 coilover fronts. Can you guys tell me how the car feels with the steeda setup compared to stock.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't know yet, my suspension upgrades are one of many on a car thats been down for over a year. I should know in a few weeks. I went with the spring rates I did per steedas reccommendation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts