Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 2003 Mustang GT as a project. My goal is go low 10's on pump gas. Other than that, I have no requirements. Just want to have a fun car to romp around on the streets. I don't plan on class racing or any of that type of stuff. I've never had a turbo before and that's where I need help.

Starting from scratch, as far as the combo goes, what would you do to get there?

Stay modular motor? (I have no prior-experience with these motors)

Build a push rod motor? (I have been low 10's with a push rod nitrous combo and n/a combo)

As for the rest I'm thinking...
3.08 gear
th400 trans
70mm - 76mm turbo
60lb injectors (or may go blow-thru)

Any advice from someone who actually knows what it takes would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Well the new 5.0 mod motors are running mid 10's to high 9's on 10-12 psi.

5.0 crate motor
76mm custom turbo
run 8-10 psi on the street and put 100 octane in the tank and 12-13psi on race day and have at it.
4R70W is mo-betta than AODE
3.73 or 3.55 gears.

then what he said ^^^

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the new 5.0 mod motors are running mid 10's to high 9's on 10-12 psi.

5.0 crate motor
76mm custom turbo
run 8-10 psi on the street and put 100 octane in the tank and 12-13psi on race day and have at it.
4R70W is mo-betta than AODE
3.73 or 3.55 gears.

then what he said ^^^
Damnit.. Didn't even think about the new 5.0 motor. That might be a good option.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That motor is like $12k isn't it. Would be real cool but you could get it done with less.

***scratch that it's not that much. DO IT!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That motor is like $12k isn't it. Would be real cool but you could get it done with less.

***scratch that it's not that much. DO IT!
Around 6k for the motor... Then you need the ecu, accessories, etc... It will probably get up to 12k in a hurry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinking up picking up MMR's build 5.0 longblock with low compression... It's good to 1000hp which I will never need.

Just got to figure out what other supporting accessories I need to get with it...

Should rip ### with a 76mm on it.

Toward the middle/bottom of the page...
2011 Parts

What do you think?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Thinking up picking up MMR's build 5.0 longblock with low compression... It's good to 1000hp which I will never need.

Just got to figure out what other supporting accessories I need to get with it...

Should rip ### with a 76mm on it.

Toward the middle/bottom of the page...
2011 Parts

What do you think?

Never a bad thing to support more power then needed, things always creep over time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts