Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the proper place for this but I'm going to be rebuilding my 4.6 supercharged looking for recommendations bearings and piston ring wise. What's the good stuff everyone's using thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
You're going to get a million different answers on which parts to use, it would help to know what your goals and budget are before hand. Also which engine do you currently have, 2v, 3v, 4v etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True that lol. It's a 2v debating on using a teksid block. Motor now has cobra crank,Venolia pistons, Manley rods. I wanna use quality stuff don't really wanna cheap out want it to last and be dependable.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I can't speak with experience on 2v heads, so I'm sure someone else can answer those questions. I've always been a fan of Manley Billet I beam rods, but there are several other great options out there (Check out Molner rods for a cheaper billet option that are still very strong.) I used to only use Manley for custom pistons as well, until Gibtec started making modular pistons for us. You can pick up a set of custom Gibtec pistons, wrist pins and rings for around 1200 bucks. These are billet pistons and can be had in pretty much any configuration you can think of, just give them a call and discuss your build plans. Cobra crank is plenty strong enough, but I would seriously consider the crank stud mod as opposed to using a bolt option, especially if you are using a crank driven supercharger. I personally like to use billet cranks as they can be built to my specs, but that's going to be overkill for most average street car builds. I use King SI bearings for everything, but again this is my personal preference.

What block do you plan to use?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the input. I already have the vernola pistons and manely rods which are in great shape considering the car only has 14k on it and 8-10k on the build from what I was told when I purchased the car. It sat for 6-7 years and slipped a head gasket that's why I'm rebuilding it. Was considered the teksid block since I have a good lead on one for cheap. I've heard good things about the king bearings. What rings would you recommend? Could you give me more info on studding the mains? I appreciate it thank you

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Ford mls gaskets,I'm running svo heads also,see my signature for mods

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Bottom of my post

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have a cobra forged crank manley h beam rods and stock manley pistons in a WAP block. All used, the car ran 12.4 at 110 with the trans not shifting right. We had a procharger p1sc at the time making 8# of boost. Stock cams and manley valve springs. The car weighs 3550 with the wife in it. The et may seem slow but the car dynoed at 371hp and 401tq. corrected. The passes were at bandimere at a corrected elevation of 8500' so the car only made 307 to the tires.

Now going turbo and about 14# of boost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts