Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
im wondering where you all r getting your best times, im guessing you go to budds creek i have never ran my car there. thats all, just wondering what your opinion on the best track around the md area

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well now that you mention it...

Last year just after I bought this car, at Mason Dixon raceway, up between Frederick and Hagerstown, I ran a 15.26 @ 89.77.

The only mods to the car were a K&N air filter, and two Flowmasters welded in replacing the stock mufflers. The car had 136,000 miles on it at that time.

Then about a month after getting that time, I went to MIR (Budds Creek) and the best I could do was a 15.7

So last winter I rebuilt the motor, and added all the stuff in my signature.
Tonight I went to the track for the first time since the rebuild.
I only got to make one pass, and ran a 15.22 @ 92.69
I bogged the car off the line and my 60' through the 1/8th mile times were horrible, but I still feel this car should be doing way better than it was a year ago when it was in full stock trim.

So if Mason Dixon is a faster track, I hopefully should be able to break into the illusive 14's up there.

I do think Budds Creek has slower times in general. I saw some cars there that should have kicked my butt, but they were in the 15's or high 14's also.
I wouldn't recommend going there if you are looking for a fast time. Just something about their clocks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
see alot of people are telling me they get good times at capital but that place sucks if you ask me. well thats cool thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
Anybody here ever get into the SCCA? Is it as much fun as I've heard?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have thought about it but thats just about it for now. I really enjoy road course races and have wanted to try it for sometime now. They have classes at Summit Point and Virginia Interational Raceway. There is a user call Chris Ihara on the autocross/road course thread who is in Northern Va. He seems very knowledgeable on this subject.

doug

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't entirely like Capitol Raceway, but I always do a few tenths better there than 75-80 Dragway. Been to MIR but haven't raced there. Although a buddy of mine went half a second faster there, than 75-80!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i've only been to 75-80, and have had fine experiences, but nothing really to compare to. my car is a little low, nowhere near the lowest stang though, and i drag my rear bumper sometimes turning on to the return road. the track is in ****ty condition, but its good enough for me. i know my friend and his whole family collect and race AMC's, and they have the AMC nationals at cecil county, so maybe it is a faster track, knowing that they need every advantage they can get to go quick :p
just kidding...there's some sweet ones out there i know and fast...they'd dust me

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have Crossed to the SCCA side and its a great time. I have also went as far as working part time for a world speed challenge team as a crew member in the Touring Car Division for Dupont Motorsport. You guys should come to D.C. the weekend of the 20th for the ALMS Grand Prix. Our Cars will be there for a race on sunday, it should be a blast!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts