Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day gents....

I am beginning to formulate my plans to build my childhood mustang into a turbo car. I am torn between twin 7675s or a single. I plan on making this car extremely nice and the looks of the kit are very important. If I go twins I really really want them to be symmetrical. I want to keep all accessories if I can. If I can't it's not a deal breaker.

I really like the stainless stuff. My buddy just bought their x275 kit and it's slick. Does anyone have pics and advise of their up and forward headers for a ford motor.

I'm not stuck on them either. I'm always open to other companies but I really want symmetrical.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
What engine? What are your goals? Twin 76's is monster power potential. Guys are pushing 1,000 out of a single 76

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
CG Fab may have a kit depending on the car you're building.

ks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry should have been for open. I already have a 347 with a 7675 in a 93. So I do have an understanding of what I'm getting into.

I plan on building a 351 stroked to 427. Fox lake stage 3 heads and a matched cam. 100% street car. Holley efi and an auto.

I'm not stuck on twins but I liked the look of the symmetrical turbos and clearly twin 7675s has massive power potential. I do like the idea of a simple single set up but I have no clue what turbo to use then. I will not run a large frame turbo.

On pump and about 15 lbs I would like to see around 1k-1300 rwhp. If more great if not no big deal. First and foremost I want reliability. My current car has been dead nuts reliable after being tuned by Kurgan. It made 585 and 610 at 11lbs. I could give the keys to my wife or daughter and have no fear of the car giving her trouble related to a bad combination. Kurgan rocked it.

I love the look of up and forward symmetrical turbos and would like to duplicate it in this car, but like I have said. If I can't no big deal.

·
Registered
917 Posts
My car is a bit different, but the deciding factor for me to go twins on my 4.6 was because with the smaller size, as you know from the hybrids, the spool is much quicker. I doubt you'll need much more than twin 66mm with a built 427 to hit 4 digits. I'm no expert, but my twin 50's on 15 lbs made 723 to the wheels. That's on a 280 something cube engine. Yes, I like the look of twins, but piping is hell!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts