Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you Guys are running the SS Sleeves and if you are, do they cause any rattling ? Mine do this going over Bumps with the Stock Rubber and Straws and if I'm going to change them out , I might as well Up-Grade them as well. I have the SVO Calipers.

As a side note, MM & Steeda sell SS Sleeves....and The Bimmer Guys are all running Bronze. I would think the Bronze would be less likely to Gaul. Any thoughts? As a Machinist by Trade, I could make my own, But I'm not sure what the Clearance of the Caliper Pin to the Sleeve Bore should be. Anyone know ?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Mine never rattled when I had them.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
x2 - I've run two sets of Steeda and one MM on my three stock Fox brake interations. None rattled. However, I found that the installation might deform the tube slightly and cause binding (the MM method of using a bolt to pull them in seemed the least likely to cause this deformation). I also found that antisieze on those guide pins is your friend.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guy's.
Does anyone have a set not installed ? I would love to machine my own but I'm not sure of Caliper Pin/ Bushing Bore clearance.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts