·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Looks good.

Did you end up using spring compressors, or just use a jack. I'm still debating how I'm going to do mine.

Eric

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, just used a jack and the article on stangnet about the steeda spring install to do it. 2 guys, 4 jack stands, and a jack. 3.5 hours of our time one night to do everything.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like it. Any more would be too much. Just enough. Car looks good with that tint too. For the springs, if you don't mind how much, and where did you get them?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone. I didn't notice the fron wheel until after I took the pics. I had the front wheels slightly turned towards the camera so they look like they're sitting against the back fender well.

I live in Canada so I ordered the springs from RTM Motorsports in Vancouver and had them shipped to Ottawa by bus. In fact everything except the bullitt shocks/struts came from them. I would recommend these guys anytime. They were very very helpful with my setup.

The springs are rated to drop the car 1.7" in the front, 1.6" in the back. I think it sits perfect, although I have to detour through some parking lots in respect of my cats. The ride is even really nice. My friend has a 94GT (can see the pics at http://theloft.homeip.net/pics) with Eibach springs and tokico shocks/struts. Even though my car sits lower, it rides a lot nicer. Don't have the bottoming out problem he does going over pumps on the highways.

Tint on the car was done in 5% all around, really brought out the colour of the car from when I bought it.

I'm very happy with how the car has turned out after these upgrades, although suprisingly the American Thunder is a lot quieter than I expected. Guess its time for an X-Pipe!

Thanks again for the replies everyone. More pics to follow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the specs on the two springs...

H&R SuperSport:
1.75"F
1.6"R

H&R SuperRace:
1.0-1.75"F
.75-1.25"R

I paid $398CDN for the springs from RTM. Tirerack has them for $218US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts