Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question for the handeling guys. I am wondering if H&R race springs will work with tokico blues on a fox. I already have the blues and am looking for a good spring that will benifit me in the handeling department that will work well with the shocks. any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I don't think the blues can handle much of a rate increase over STOCK springs. Let alone the RACE springs from H/R. I think a better damper alone will help more than a Blue/spring combo.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am running the blues with the H&R springs without issues.

Barry

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
The Blues are basically a stock replacement shock. Think somewhere along lines of the MACH1/BULLIT dampers. That being said, spring rate <600> front and <250> rear would be the extent of their capabilities. At least in an effective sense of the word.

While the rears would tolerable, the fronts would be somewhat overworked.

* Front: 750-850 lb/in
* Rear: 260-280 lb/in

These numbers/assumptions are based off of pre 94 V8 cars.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so reallisticly i would be better off saving up for a different set of shocks to go with the race springs and spend my money at this point stiffing up the chassis (which is a must do anyway). What shocks are recomended for the race springs. Or would the h&r sports or eibach pro kit yield worth while gains in handling for a 99.5% street car

·
Registered
398 Posts
mm is not really big on the pro kit. if you havent done subframe connectors and a strut tower brace or anything i would do that first, that will keep your car straight and helps the life of the unibody i would think. if you want to do a more agressive spring then yes, you'll need some better shocks and struts. one ofthe first things i did to my car was have my subframes put in. best money i ever spent on it. period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts