Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting the MM coil-over package and torque arm kit. The mustang is a 1990 2.3 that will be street driven, auto-x and road coursed. What spring rates would be good for this set-up?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'd call MM and ask their opinion, their more than happy to recommend spring rates depending on what exactly you're looking to do.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MM recommended a 325/225 f/r spring rate. Anyone running that? I know it will be different for a 4 banger but how should that set up work. Currently running eibach pro-kit springs, how would these compare to those springs?

·
Registered
543 Posts
MM recommended a 325/225 f/r spring rate. Anyone running that? I know it will be different for a 4 banger but how should that set up work. Currently running eibach pro-kit springs, how would these compare to those springs?
Those are fine if it's mostly a daily driver.

Is this a track car that's sometimes driven on the street, or a street car that's sometimes driven on the track?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mostly street driven, but hoping to get it to the track/auto-x on more than a couple occasions a year.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I'm running 300# front C/Os with the H&R Super Race conventional rears (260-300# progressive). With the PM3L/MM PHB rear, these rates ride pretty well and handle adequately for a 90% street driven car. But because the wheel rates are not that close (rear is too light), I try to make that up with a bigger rear bar (I'm running the MM adjustable with the .75" solid bar set on the lightest setting = a 94/95 GT bar). Since my primary concern is ride quality, I believe I have an acceptable compromise. But it IS a compromise. I don't think I'd want to go the rates recommended by MM, not because they won't work but my ride quality is right on the edge of not being comfortable for me on the street. My wheel rates are 270F; 140R average. Yours would be 293F; 248R assuming you accept and buy the recommeded set-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts