Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing a set of [email protected] supersport springs soon. Whats the best way to install them? Should I pop off the lower balljoint, or drop down the back of the cotrol arm? Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
You can try my write-up on my installation. Click on the Steeda Sport Springs in my sig below. The procedure is the same for 96-98.

·
Registered
243 Posts
make sure you have two jacks, ie. the one that comes in your car, and a good floor one, as well as two jackstands. for the back all you have remove is the wheel, and then the bolt that A arm to the shock. the bolt is under pressure of the shock, so you wanna take off the nut, and the apply a small amount of pressure with your jack under the a arm until you are able to just tap that bolt out, then slowly lower the spring out until its uncompressed fully. putting the bolt back in is tricky. use your car jack and apply pressue on the rearend near where it connects tot eh drive shaft, the should move the axle housing back and forth and applying pressure to the a-arm up and down. once the two hole line up, poke the bolt back in. The front is similar.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just did the items in my SIG 2 weeks ago.
Follow Scotty's link. It is very comprehensive and will get you through it w/o any difficulties.

Make sure you take your time and tighten everything up to specifications.

Recommendations:
2 sets of jack stands
Torque wrench
Good floor jack
Buddy to help fetch wrenches
Impact wrench (Sears electric worked for me)
Breaker Bar

O

·
0 Posts
Since you are down there in the front you might as well get rid of those beat up pos rubber bushings in the control arms. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts