Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I can't afford a complete coil over conversion for the rear now. I am depleted after purchasing the MM TA/PHB. From everything I've read I'm going to need a higher rate spring than my 200/300 progressives and they're going to need to be longer than the stock springs @ "full droop".

Any suggestions/pointers on some sort of heavier spring without the full blown coil over conversion would be appreciated or should I just shut up and wait the 6-8 mos till I can afford a MM coil over?

I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290349301425&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Opinions on this setup with the 10"/375# or the 12"350#?

Would it help/be worth it on checking the body lean & understeer if I went with a HD front sway and that half way coil over conversion? I've never used QA1 and I've seen a lot of mixed feelings about their products.

Thanks All!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
For under 200$ you can just use the MM 4XX-500 torque arm springs. I had no problem running normal sized/stock location springs with my TA/PHB combo. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
It depends on what rates you're running in the front, but you should have no problem finding used 390-420 conventionals or any number of similarly rated springs which are intended for exactly that purpose.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For under 200$ you can just use the MM 4XX-500 torque arm springs. I had no problem running normal sized/stock location springs with my TA/PHB combo. :confused:
Holy Smokes! Dunno how I missed that. Wonder why they didn't tell me about them when I was on the phone asking questions about that?! only told me about coil overs!! Thanks all!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a set of rear H&R t/a rate springs I'll sell you for $50 + shipping. If you're interested I'll dig up the part number so we can check the specific rate and I can double check that they are what I think they are. I'm pretty sure they're the "race" rate.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a set of rear H&R t/a rate springs I'll sell you for $50 + shipping. If you're interested I'll dig up the part number so we can check the specific rate and I can double check that they are what I think they are. I'm pretty sure they're the "race" rate.
Man you are the best, sadly I already ordered the MM springs this morning.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You can also use the MM weld-in adapter and run coilover type springs in the stock location. This gives you alot more options for spring rates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts