Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a nos kit laying around would a 50shot hurt my car if installed?
Car dynoed at 366 hp and 443 torque at 9 pounds. Stock block also adding a ported explorer and a mandrel bent 3.5 inch downpipe (upgrading from a non mandrel 3 inch)

Thanks for any help fellas

·
Registered
448 Posts
you can but I will tell you from experience that it creates a TON of cylinder pressure when combining the two different power adders. I would stay away from it unless you're using it to get outta the hole then by all means do it but I would stay away from boost and bottle at the same time makes a really big boom.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can but I will tell you from experience that it creates a TON of cylinder pressure when combining the two different power adders. I would stay away from it unless you're using it to get outta the hole then by all means do it but I would stay away from boost and bottle at the same time makes a really big boom.
Hmmm Ill just sell the kit then. Do you think I get a decent gain from the ported intake and new downpipe?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I think you would get a decent gain by upgrading to a MP70. You can get a used one cheap(I sold mine for 300shipped) and it should be bolton. I went 6.22 with mine on 16psi with a 3" downpipe.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would play with it. You could start with jets for 25hp or so. You will get basically a chemical inter cooler. Jetted for 25hp will yield a net gain of more due to cooling down the blower air charge. Just don't go wild.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trmustang. Want to keep this turbo I love the spool time. I might just go with a new hotside all together none of it is mandrel bent.

Pfirm. It's a draw through if I was to install it would I put the nozzle in the normal location New
Near the throttle?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I do do it should I run wet or dry? If I run wet will the boost effect the fuel part of my jetting?

·
Registered
737 Posts
if running it dry ensure your injectors are adequate to support extra power.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have 42 pounders they should be good for close to 500 and I'm nowhere near that now

·
Registered
839 Posts
Its a toss up wet or dry. Do you have tuning available?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have tuning available. The kit I have has everything for the wet kit minus the nozzle I do have a spare dry nozzle laying around so I could easy make it a dry kit. What worries me about the wet is the boost adding that extra fuel and it missing up the jetting Idk if it will do that but when I think of it, that's sounds like it would happen

·
Registered
839 Posts
Its only .001 difference on fuel jets running a 55hp(.035) nitrous jet at 40psi vs 50psi fuel pressure. Jet on the high side and tune it from there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So wet or dry? I could do both dry would be a cheaper route but I would Like the best route hmmmm.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would say wet but others may have a different opinion. I think you will need the fine tuning that wet offers on the fuel side. Plus you aren't taxing your injectors any harder.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the insight pf. Any other opinions before I do the install?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have run a blower and nitrous in the past without true tuning. It was a 90 model fox with factory short block, tw 170s, track heat intake, over spun power dyne(13 psi), and a 150 shot. Put 25,000 street miles on it and sold the engine running. It was a beast and only tuned with jets, timing, maf meter, fuel pressure. The power dyne did require frequently replaced belts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Going wet! Just ordered a nx shark with 40 hp jets not going with a Nos nozzle although its a Nos kit always like the shark. Also doing my 3.5 inch downpipe tomorrow should be a pretty good upgrade considering my current one is a non mandrel bent. 3inch

·
Registered
295 Posts
Going wet! Just ordered a nx shark with 40 hp jets not going with a Nos nozzle although its a Nos kit always like the shark. Also doing my 3.5 inch downpipe tomorrow should be a pretty good upgrade considering my current one is a non mandrel bent. 3inch

Why don't you just turn up the boost????

1 - 20 of 41 Posts