Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to change from Quick time pro's to Slicks. Should I have them balanced when I have them mounted? What's every one else doing?

·
Registered
711 Posts
i balance mine

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Mickey Thompson recommends their bias ply slicks be bubble balanced.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If they are not screwed, not much need because they will spin inside the wheel.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I always balanced mine but smokems is right if they spin inside the tire no sense getting them balanced.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am using screws and tubes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I didnt use to balance mine till I had a bad shake at the top end now I balance all of them, we even ballance the slicks on the dragster/

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I don't balance my slicks or DR

never had a vibration.

Tim

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I tried to ride with not balancing the slicks and had a terrible vibration. I always balance mine now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They are always gonna be different. I just mounted and bubble balanced some ET Streets with tubes. Remember if you are going to screw you tires to the rims do that before balancing. Always done that never had a problem with vibration all though this past time one rim didnt need any weight at all and the other needed 2 1/2 ounces.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Why would you balance slicks? If you have no bead-lock/screws the tire WILL move with low air pressure.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
no balance on either slicks, drag radials or ET Streets and I just made an 80 mile trip in the car, smooth as silk on the interstate with full drag suspension and slammed to the ground.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts