Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of nights ago, I turned my car on and the lights were just totally out. I couldn't see the speedometer, the back lit knobs for A/C and stuff, my P-R-D-2-1 lights on the shifter, etc. I replaced the fuse on Saturday. Last night, the same thing happened again. I replaced the fuse again.

Any idea why this is happening? If it happens again, what should I do? Could it be a grounding problem?

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
You didnt put a smaller/bigger fuse in another location, did you? Ive seen problems where some kids put a bigger fuse in(because of a radio system) and it shorted out the interior light. Same probalem as you, had to keep changing the fuse. Go through EVERY fuse with the manual and make sure everything matches up right. This happened to a friend because he had a 20 amp fuse instead of a 15 amp fuse in place...

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steeda90GT said:
You didnt put a smaller/bigger fuse in another location, did you? Ive seen problems where some kids put a bigger fuse in(because of a radio system) and it shorted out the interior light. Same probalem as you, had to keep changing the fuse. Go through EVERY fuse with the manual and make sure everything matches up right. This happened to a friend because he had a 20 amp fuse instead of a 15 amp fuse in place...
I don't have the car's manual. I couldn't find the info in my Haynes' manual either.

I replaced a 10 AMP red fuse that was burnt with an identical 10 AMP red fuse.

The fuse that was in there until Friday lasted over 3 years since I bought the car in 9/98. It's the only fuse I have ever had to replace, and it just seems weird that it blew twice like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts