Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I may have alittle spark blow out sometimes and was tring to figure out what I should use to fix the problem. The car is all stock except a on 3 turbo kit with 10psi of boost. Can I just use a msd blaster coil or something else? Any suggestions? Also its got ngk plugs. My other option would be is my 255 pump not enough and runs out of fuel sometimes

·
Registered
711 Posts
The pump is an easy find; whats your AFR and fuel pressure during this break up? What are your spark plugs gapped at?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
What gap?
I would skip that coil.
Erich

·
Registered
854 Posts
Your car is def not out of fuel with a 255 considering you have a tune and the right injectors. A blaster coil is more than sufficient to meet the needs of a stock boosted fox. Check plug gap, timing, and afrs upon breaking up.

How many miles are on your heads? I'd like to bet bad valve springs could be the culprit.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I would say smaller gap and an ignition box.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to pull the plugs and check the gap and im ordering a good wideband gauge so I can see what the a/r is. Its got 42# injectors and the whole motor has 44000 miles.

Your car is def not out of fuel with a 255 considering you have a tune and the right injectors. A blaster coil is more than sufficient to meet the needs of a stock boosted fox. Check plug gap, timing, and afrs upon breaking up.

How many miles are on your heads? I'd like to bet bad valve springs could be the culprit.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
You should be around 0.030 to 0.035

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
0.028 is reasonable.
Erich

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found some time from the little boy and pulled the driver side plugs, all of them except 1 where gaped at 28, the 1 was at 33. Im going to pull the down pipe off to get to the other plugs unless somebody has any tricks to getting them out without taking the pipe out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 3.5" downpipe on my car. I use a ratchet with a pivoting head to break each plug loose then I use a piece of rubber hose and attach it to the end of the plug and use it to unscrew the plug.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sweet!!! I have just the piece of hose for the job

I have a 3.5" downpipe on my car. I use a ratchet with a pivoting head to break each plug loose then I use a piece of rubber hose and attach it to the end of the plug and use it to unscrew the plug.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I've had an strim and a turbo and didn't use one either time. Stock ignition with a blaster coil. I guess I must be the only human being in the world with a boosted fox that did NEED a ignition box.
When u do run one u can run regular gap on the plugs. To each their own. Cheap ignition upgrade.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts