Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coupe, Autoweld "anti-roll" bar. Jack placed under the passenger coilover. Jacked until driver tire is off ground.

Um......wow.

:eek:

Here's a couple lines drawn in to show the orientation of the arms:

Check out the soft rubber bushing being pushed out, there is no real provision to keep them in the mounts. The arm can't be slid up against the bushing to hold it cause they slide onto machined splines in the crossmember and they won't slide on far enough.

The only thing that actually made the car lift up enough to pick the whole back end up was the passenger tire hitting the inside of the fenderwell.

·
Registered
669 Posts
That sucks for you having money and time invested in that. Good to see posts like this to show everybody that some products out there don't work.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Yep, seen that a lot with that ARB. IMO, it's a nice looking piece but just doesn't work like it should.

ks

·
Registered
711 Posts
i had one of those do the same thing. car was a hand full to drive too. i pulled the bushing out of it and put bearing in there place. then preloaded the #### out of it , i even welded the arms to it totally crooked to even have more prelaod in it.

i was pissed. i called them and they said they havent had one do that in 10yrs. the told me it had to be a shock or something else in the suspension.

they said i could send it back and they would examine it and send me another one.

i said &%#$ that and bought one from baseline suspensions. that cured all my problems and kevins stuff is very nice!!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I had a UPR bar installed before I had that suspension. Unfortunately the UPR wouldn't work due to the coilover mounting brackets being in the way so I had to cut it out. Decided to try the Autoweld piece since I had it and it didn't do a damn thing.

Was gonna try to modify the UPR bar to work but may just go with Kevin's stuff.

Just figured some people might find this post interesting. The rest of the suspension is great, just not their bar!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sorry to hear about you wasting your money on it, but at the same time I am glad it wasnt me. I had decided that was what I was gonna do on my car. Time to back up and punt.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
don't buy performance parts from the same place that mainly sells billet a/c knobs
What? Autoweld doesn't sell that stuff.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, so that's what he was talking about. Well, the UPR bar actually works pretty good IMO. I never got to use it on my car because it wouldn't fit with the Autoweld coilovers, but we have it installed in a couple other cars with good results.

May have to go with Kevin's piece, btw, long time no talk Kevin. :)

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Oh, so that's what he was talking about. Well, the UPR bar actually works pretty good IMO. I never got to use it on my car because it wouldn't fit with the Autoweld coilovers, but we have it installed in a couple other cars with good results.

May have to go with Kevin's piece, btw, long time no talk Kevin. :)
Yea, it's been a while it looks like you've been busy! The car looks kewl!!

ks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts