Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great weekend autocrossing the notch. Mr. Hidley at MM has really helped dial the car in, and it shows. The car was flying.

It was the first event of the season, and the local "nationals crew" all descended at once. There were a total of 190 cars entered with 25 in the Houston area specific Expert class. The Expert class uses a PAX style adjustment to rank all the cars from different classes. The ole fox would have ranked about mid pack, which is astonishing to me. Also, I managed to outpace the entire CAM-C class full of 1LE's, ZL1's, and S550's. The ole fox was also the fastest Mustang at the event, ranking 37th out of 190 cars in raw time.

But who cares about that, just enjoy the uncorked Coyote through 40 Flowmasters!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Sounds good, and looks like it's glued to the course quite nicely!

Do you have a build thread? Mustang motor or F150? SN95 hydroboost?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, and looks like it's glued to the course quite nicely!

Do you have a build thread? Mustang motor or F150? SN95 hydroboost?
No official forum build thread, but it's been pretty well documented on Instagram.

The motor is a 2011 Mustang motor from an '03 Cobra American Iron race car. Stock long block with lots of MMR goodies and a ported 2011 manifold. It did 375whp at 7000rpm on a Mustang dyno.

I converted to manual brakes using MM's kit. Stock fox master cylinder with SN95 V6/GT brakes and StopTech pads.

With sticky tires and sorted spring and bar rates, it sticks and slips very well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts