Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a car is using solid steel engine mounts, is it necessary to have a ground cable from the block to the frame? I asked this question in another discussion and was informed it is 100% necessary! I'm asking why? If the mounts bolt to the engine and K member, and the K member bolts to the frame, why use a cable as well? Thanks for any input, this has just got me curious.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thread reference, I must have missed that one in my forum search. Mine is a cruiser/drag car with blowthrough carb. Just to be clear, I have enough 2ga to run a ground to the battery in the trunk, I'm more interested in the theory of why some say it's needed. thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
I'm more interested in the theory of why some say it's needed. thanks again.
Why do people put floor mats over the top of their floor mats? IDK, but some people are just overly cautious. Ground is ground. As long as the ground you are using is adequate for the job, then no worries. I use 0/1 gauge for my ground from the battery to the frame. And it was the high strand count cable (like what is used in welding cable) not your typical ground cable from the A/Z parts house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts