Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to rebuild the front control arms on a 96 GT that I bought recently and wondering what you guys think about the Golden West Aluminum/Derlin bushings?
Car is strictly a toy and will receive an IRS that has already been gone through with Full Tilt Boogie derlin bushings, poly cradle bushings, toe links, etc., Cobra brakes, Bilstein struts/shocks, H&R Race springs, flsfc's, plus a few odds and ends. As of right now, its bone stock down to the filter(except wheels).
Heres the bushings:

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?56187-How-to-Replace-front-control-arm-bushings

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
GW bushings are great. Years ago I had a new set of LCA's drop shipped directly to GW and they installed the bushings for me. Zero problems with them ever since and will likely outlast the car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My old GT had GW solid front control arm bushings and the performance on the track was great, but on the street, the ride was brutally harsh and it seemed like if the car ran over a dime then you felt it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies, yall confirmed my thought about the rough ride. But i'm glad to hear about their quality! I'm going ahead with pulling the trigger on these!

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
When properly installed, the GW bushings in the FCAs will not really degrade the ride quality that much. They must be installed perfectly to do this. If there is any misalignment of the bushings, in the FCAs, there will be added friction. This will make the car ride worse. Installing the bushings correctly is not easy. It requires a hydraulic press near the car, lots of time and patience. The bushings do result in a lot more harshness due to the removal of the rubber compliance. This makes the ride noisier more than anything.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack, glad to see your opinion on the matter. We do have access to a press (great benefit of having parents/grandparent that farm with lots of heavy tools,) and was planning to utilizing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts