Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Corral Charter Member
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That “other place” disappears and all the old Corralers come back with their tail stuck between their legs.... LMFAO.

I’ve never seen so many folks posting here, ya know the ones that used to be here all the time, like, before the sellout and “take over”...

Good to see most of you back here on the old stomping grounds though... Hope all is well with everyone and CHEERS bitches! (y)😂🍺

·
15,472 Posts
"Other place", AP, has literally been down for 2 years. No correlation between that and anyone posting here recently that I can think of.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
"Other place", AP, has literally been down for 2 years. No correlation between that and anyone posting here recently that I can think of.
Agree. There are a few that aren’t on social media and, well, social media has quite a few drawbacks compared to a forum.

·
15,472 Posts
I think Social Media did kill some forums...but at the same time, forum owners killed some forums.
Corral was sold, taken over by the Canadians, and at least on the Loungy side a lot died.
People swung over to AsphaltPlayground, but there were difficulties keeping that up and running, that is dead.
Social Media seemed to be the way forward, but, it's become a convoluted political pile of ****, full of email forwards.
There are still some forums running strong -- Garage Journal and DIY Chatroom for example.

·
4,305 Posts
Some of it definitely is to blame on the ownership changes of various forums and how that, in turn, took away day to day interaction between the owners and members. Also, some of the companies that bought up the forums treated the places a little too much like businesses. I stopped being a Moderator and/or Administrator on 3 different forums because of them being sold and the new owner treating us like employees yet we were volunteers and the last thing wanted was a crappy "boss". Then again I stopped getting on one really active forum earlier this year, not because of any of that but because they switched to some really crummy software from vBulletin and I(and many others) just rather not dealt with the hassle of dealing with bad software.

Almost everything I used to get onto forums for, I can find in various FB groups today. Really the only thing that is not that way for me would be my gun hobby but even that I can find probably 75% of it there, it just depends on what specific to that hobby I am looking into. The groups are as good as the people managing them, I am on many that flat out do not allow all the off-topic stuff like political based things or even "meme" posts.

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
We can change that though...

I've kept my love of Mustangs and Fords going strong over the years. I still have "NICE ASP" (My 1994 Cobra) and also have 2 1992 Fox Mustangs, a 1995 GT ragtop and a 1995 GTS. Daily driver is a 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost. Oh yea, and I also have a 1200 HP 1995 Lightning with a 427 smallblock windsor and Procharger F2 driven off the crank...

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Honestly, I think forums are slowly starting to make their way back. People are realizing just how bad tech is on Facebook, for one.

Don’t get me wrong, there is some good tech on fb. But the problem is, there is no way to tell who is the real
Deal, and who is crazy. Forums give a way of checking out someone and getting a feel for if they are nuts or the real deal

·
15,472 Posts
2020. Year of The Corral.

Damn Greg -- you've still got some fun stuff there! My Mustangs have been sitting at the rental house since 2013. :(

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
2020. Year of The Corral.

Damn Greg -- you've still got some fun stuff there! My Mustangs have been sitting at the rental house since 2013. :(
Still crazy, after all these years...! :)

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I had to rebuild my signature. Guessing it had too many lines.
After rebuilding it, I realize that I now need to rebuild which vehicles are in my garage. At least half of them. Lol

·
15,472 Posts
Damn, Greg! That's a setup!! Was that picture from a security camera system, or a flip phone? :D

·
Administrator
53,617 Posts
Damn, Greg! That's a setup!! Was that picture from a security camera system, or a flip phone? :D
LOL... That's from a cheapo Wyzecam, I have hi-res security cameras all over the unit...

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
I still lurk around here, but since the car has been pretty much done for awhile, now, all I'm doing these days is driving it (when I can), so I don't have a whole lot to talk about.

As for forum vs. FB, forums still do it for me. FB is mainly for keeping up with what my niece and nephew are up to.

·
4,305 Posts
Honestly, I think forums are slowly starting to make their way back. People are realizing just how bad tech is on Facebook, for one.

Don’t get me wrong, there is some good tech on fb. But the problem is, there is no way to tell who is the real
Deal, and who is crazy. Forums give a way of checking out someone and getting a feel for if they are nuts or the real deal
I have actually had the exact opposite experience to this in regards to my older Mustang. I do not even try getting technical help on it via forums any longer. Now my fox body, well that Google so far always finds the answer(oddly enough some very old posts on forums) so I have yet to seek out tech on it via anything.

·
Corral Charter Member
11,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ads every other post suck.
If you’re on iOS - search out AdGuard Pro VPN... I have it installed on every single one of my devices and on my MacBook Pro... I don’t see any ads and haven’t for quite some time on ANY forum... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts