Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys running your water/meth tubing?
I have this snow performance kit I used on a different vehicle and I could never get the fittings to seal perfectly.

I'm getting ready to re-install this kit in a different vehicle and I'm curious how you guys make the 1/4" tubing seal at the joints? Part of the issue is that I will have a couple tight corners to bent the tubing.

Why don't they just make this stuff with an fittings? an line would be perfect as you have all kinds of options for fittings and don't have to worry about leaking.

I'm not seeing much for posts on this subject, so I also wonder if I am doing something wrong with the push on fittings.

Maybe something like this would at least fix up the pump so I could use it with 4AN:
http://www.swagelok.com/en/catalog/Product/Detail?part=B-4-TA-1-4AN

If I stick with the 1/4" hose, can I use brass compression fittings from a hardware store to manage my tight bends?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I don't see ordering info on the U form hose, so an email has been sent for information.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i have never understood why their pumps aren't made with pipe thread connections to allow for different hose combinations. other companies offer pipe thread inlet/outlets.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have never understood why their pumps aren't made with pipe thread connections to allow for different hose combinations. other companies offer pipe thread inlet/outlets.
Agree'd. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have purchased this.

Sickfox, I see some random braided stuff on snow performances site, but no conversion kit type stuff. Honestly, I can't even see why they have the braided line on their site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts