Ford Mustang Forums banner

SN95 Seat Upgrade

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jakespeed 
#1 ·
I'm going to be updating the interior of my 97 Cobra and will be putting in a 6 point roll bar and I want to upgrade the seats. I want to do comfortable leather seats that can handle either a 4 or 5 point harnesses. It's a knock around town street car so I want to keep the interior nice and not go with a full blown racing seat.

I haven't had much luck with finding places in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that have seats I can see and sit in and wanted to see if the folks in the community could offer up any suggestions or post pics of what they've done.

This is all in preparation of future engine modifications.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Michael

#2 ·
I know this is not exactly what you were asking about but I will throw it out anyways.

I have a 98 GT. I don't really care for the factory seats and started looking around also. I have a buddy building a Mazda RX7 and he fitted in some RX8 seats. I sat in them and was blown away how much I liked them. I bout a set for my car and built brackets to mount them in the car. I am 6'1" tall and found the wider seat base would not allow me to get the seat as low as I would like. If you are under 6' you might want to try a set of RX8 seats. I would send you the brackets for just the cost of shipping and boxing of them. If you are interested I can post pictures.

The only part I never got around to figuring out was the shoulder belt routing through the guide at the top of the seat. Just hate to see these brackets go in the scrap can.

Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.