Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and forums in general. So trying to figure things out on the fly. I recently picked up a mint near new Kenne Bell 2.2 Flowzilla from a guy locally. It came with all of the mounting accessories, hardware, 3 different pulleys whole nine yards. What are your thoughts as far as supporting mods as well as a rough hp estimate? I will be getting the car dyno tunes here locally. My mods currently are, Gt40 iron heads, Crane 1.7 RR, stock cam, 70mm TB, BBK shortie headers, BBK off road x pipe, flowmaster cat back, 3:55 gears, built aod with b&m shift kit, subframe connectors, 255lph fuel pump, then the supercharger that has the factory 5.0 style discharge that I ported myself, 42# Ford Racing injectors. I will be running a separate vac tree and catch can as well. I would like to get some input on supporting mods and or other ideas on what to do to get this setup correctly! Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I meant that I ported my stock lower intake that the supercharger bolts to, not the discharge side of the supercharger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m just waiting to buy my maf as more $ comes in, I was thinking about going with a tunable pro m 90mm. Currently running a bbk cai but will more than likely go with an Anderson 4” power pipe. You think I will start to lean out with 42# injectors?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Hopefully you're not in a hot climate. The Kenne Bell Flowzilla isn't intercooled and acts as a big heat pump. Possibly meth injection could cool intake air charge enough to limit detonation. It's that or a very conservative tune.
Maybe I'm full of hot air? >:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it’s not to bad here in Minnesota. I was pondering a meth injection kit but wondering if I should get it installed and then tuned on may 6 or 8 lbs of boost and go from there if I need the meth kit??

·
Registered
21,872 Posts
I’m just waiting to buy my maf as more $ comes in, I was thinking about going with a tunable pro m 90mm. Currently running a bbk cai but will more than likely go with an Anderson 4” power pipe. You think I will start to lean out with 42# injectors?
when you change inj you are going to need a re tune

the deka are one of the best injectors

ask your tuner what maf they prefer to use

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will find out what they prefer. I’ll look into the deka injectors. Also is it imperative that I have a wideband AF gauge, boost and fp gauge?

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I'd strongly encourage you to use meth. Without a wideband, it's virtually impossible to know where you are AFR wise with any precision. I'd also run a boost gauge; I'd say an FP gauge is the least important, but I'd quantify it as "still important." Do you need any of that? No. Will it save your engine? Very likely, unless you're comfortable at one point, never want to move up and want to leave a TON of hp on the table. I'd also consider putting it on a dyno as pretty much part of the deal. I've picked up over 100 rwhp on the dyno (twice now), and usually see at least 50-60 rwhp on a supercharged setup. Plus then you know it's safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the response, I just got off the phone with the guy who will be tuning my car. He suggested the lightning maf, and will be getting boost and ar gauges before my tune. He said depending how aggressive we go with the tune I should see anywhere from 360-390 whp. Sound about right? So sounds like a couple gauges and maf sensor short of getting my setup complete and on the dyno. Which more than likely won’t be until after winter and the streets are cleaned off. As far as methanol, he suggested to run without it due to the fact if he tunes it with the methanol and I run out and get on the throttle that it will not be good for my engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts