Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am swapping 01 spindles onto my 89gt i was wondering if anyone would recommend also changing the lower control arms. i am also lowering it 1.5"

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
If you're that far into it, and the factory ones have never been updated, you might as well do it now.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
i was just thinking it would put the wheel outside the fender with the longer lca and the 01 spindles
Most likely it will on the 89 GT. On my 86 (narrower K) with 94/95 spindles, 04 Mach 1 A-arms and 245/45/17s, the outside edge of the tire is even with the fender lip. With the wider pickup point k on your car, those arms will likely push the tires past the lip. Might also want to read the spindle tech on MMs web page as to why you shouldn't run 96+ spindles on earlier K member cars.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The 99+ spindles are a nightmare for fitment on foxes as you have to grind and grind to get them to fit. Get a set of 94-95s or 96-98s. Do your research re: control arms, spindles, and wheel offsets to get everything to line up. Do you have wider rear SN95 axles? If not, your front and rear widths are going to be way different unless you have some crazy offset on the rear wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts