Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need second opinion, I have been wanting to change from 4 lug to 5 lug disk for a while. Of course, now that I am extremely low in funds (more like broke) I have a donor car available to me
('95 v-6) for parts that I am trying to justify to mylelf, and especially the wife, that it is too good to pass up. The owner said I could have the entire front brake assembly ( rotors, spindles, hubs, brackets, etc.) and the entire rear axle assembly, and he'll even throw in the 5 lug ( stock v 6) wheels and tires ( until I can afford a set of bullits) all for $400.00. What do you guys think? Should I beg borrow and steal to make the purchace happen or do deals like this come along more often than I think? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
FS: M2300-K Cobra Brake kit parting out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a used Cobra brake kit that I am ready to part with. All parts are in used but excellent condition, some with replacement parts where noted. I have posted this in the past as a kit but no one even stepped to the plate so I will now begin to part the whole thing out. Parts list below.

Front Calipers (red w/cobra lettering) Loaded with brand new Hawk HP+ pads $200.00
96+ Spindles & hubs (not drilled for bump steer) $100.00
13" front rotors pair(power slot, I know) new $100.00
Rear Cobra Calipers (red) used pads $150.00
11.65" rear rotors (used, but no lip, never been turned) surface rust $100.00
SN-95 length axles pair(28 spline) excellent condition $100.00
Rear Cobra axle brackets (mount to axle then calipers bolt to them) $120.00
E brake cables (all three) both sides and one for handle itself $40.00
Rear brake lines pair(mount to axle and connect to calipers) soft lines $30.00

Sorry guys, Master cylinder and booster have already been spoken for.

I also have a set of rear caliper brake brackets similar to North Cobra's but in machined steel instead of cast. I used to resell these until North Cobra came in and under cut me. I have one set left and will sell them for $125.00

All parts are located in the Houston, TX area. Please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
668 Posts
If you are gonna use V6 wheels, I'd say pass it on. Honestly, you will have to do some research if you want to save money. Check out http://sn95brakes.com/
I think you can find the cheap Resto 5.0 conversion for about $400, but if you go all out with front and rear disc, it's not simple. Also, expect problems when you piece a system together. Last but not least, do a search on here, it's too early for you to be asking questions lol, they will really come when you start the conversion. In the end, it's worth it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It has taken me a while to get my kit together..

Used PBR Cobra Calipers =$300 (still need paint)
Brembo Rotors = $300
99 GT Wheels = $300
SN95 Axles = $150 (i will be selling and buying stock fox length)

I still need..
MM SS Brake lines (around $100)
MC w/brake booster (not sure)
Spindles + hubs (around $200)
and some other stuff..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts