Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95gt with stock bottom end 70,000 and tw205heads, fcam, and trackheat intake. 70mm on3 turbo with upgraded parts. 20lbs boost. Runs very strong. However, after joy riding the other day it is smoking from valve cover and dipstick. I figured it must have blown headgasket, chunked a piston, or pinched ring. So i pulled it out and have taken it apart. there appears to be nothing out of the ordinary. Could it have lifted the heads and they just didn't reseal? I run MLS gaskets and ARP head studs. It was still running the strong before i pulled motor. No missing or smoking from exhaust.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Usually on a spray car if its huffin oil out the VC or Tube the rings are on their way out. Try doing a compression/leakdown on it and see what you get.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You should of deff done a compression test before tearing it apart.. I have a feeling one of those cylinders is hurt

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
How long have you had that setup? How were you venting the crankcase?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
How long have you had that setup? How were you venting the crankcase?
Yes, lack of venting will easily shoot dipstick out and spray oil out of where it finds a vent.

...but you could have more problems too

·
Registered
448 Posts
And how in the hell are you running 20 lbs on a stock bottom end? Did you grind the hell outta the pistons and o ring the block or what? I made scrap metal on 18 psi with studs and mls gaskets. So I'm curious did you get yourself an expieremental xxx high nickel block with 4 bolt mains or what? You're putting down what 600-625 to the tire? I got greedy with a stock block 1, one time and it waved goodbye all over the dyno I'm really not doubting you, but I am seriously wondering how a stock blocked car can handle that. Please know now that I mean no disrespect, my curiosity has just gotten the better of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts