Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey corral,

Ive been looking around, and I cant seem to find any smog legal turbo kits. Does anybody know of one? Needs to be legal because I'm in the smog nazi state..good ol' california.:salute:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
cali is def the not spot to want a smog legal turbo. It sucks I know, haha. I am just going to smog mine, put the kit on and not worry for 2 years.

There isnt a kit with a C.A.R.B EO number, which means it wont pass even a visual.

Also Im not sure that a kit exists that lets you keep the smog pump.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hellion lets you keep the smog pump. I have been researching this for awhile, my biggest concern is keeping the smog pump for the visual side of the inspection...but I really have no desire to drop the cash on a hellion kit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hellion lets you keep the smog pump. I have been researching this for awhile, my biggest concern is keeping the smog pump for the visual side of the inspection...but I really have no desire to drop the cash on a hellion kit.
yeah me niether, those are not cheap.

·
Registered
329 Posts
There was also the DDMI kit that came out before Incon's kit. It had parts just like the Incon kit. I don't remember it it was emissions legal in California or not, but it was legal in the other states.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
DDMI was smog legal in CA as well. DDMI and INCON are the only CARB legal kits for the 5.0L Mustang. A single kit won't ever be legal due to the exhaust routing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts