Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran last friday and tried something new with a launch but due to not watching the tree as well as I should My numbers are to me confusing (rookie season).

06 gt auto with a cai 93 tune street tires

I had the traction control on and ramped it to 2.5k and launched turning it off before it shifted to second and leaving it off the rest of the run. Looking at the tack keeping it steady the driver next to me was taking a looong time to get staged and when I launched it was too early and I jumped the gun. I figure that the et is not right as I left too early and all my numbers are off except the mph throught the traps and I want to correct the numbers on the slip but I don't have enough experience on how these really work. My average R/T is .6 -.7+ the et is constant average is between 13:3-13:8 speed 101-105 mph air allowing but this was my first redlight that gave me a R/T and the rest of the run was on the slip.

Pro tree

R/T .041
60' 1.525
330 5.273
1/8 8.298
mph 81.34
1000' 10.889
1/4 13.083
mph 102.38

The mph was normal
1/4 13.083 was not

His R/T was .770 if that matters.

How do I correct these times or are they right, they don't seem to be.

I want to know if what I tried was worth trying again as it was the last pratice before the qualifiers started.

Thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The reaction time has no affect on you ET. You can wait on the line all you want or start a little early and redlight neither will have any affect on your time.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I ran last friday and tried something new with a launch but due to not watching the tree as well as I should My numbers are to me confusing (rookie season).

06 gt auto with a cai 93 tune street tires

I had the traction control on and ramped it to 2.5k and launched turning it off before it shifted to second and leaving it off the rest of the run. Looking at the tack keeping it steady the driver next to me was taking a looong time to get staged and when I launched it was too early and I jumped the gun. I figure that the et is not right as I left too early and all my numbers are off except the mph throught the traps and I want to correct the numbers on the slip but I don't have enough experience on how these really work. My average R/T is .6 -.7+ the et is constant average is between 13:3-13:8 speed 101-105 mph air allowing but this was my first redlight that gave me a R/T and the rest of the run was on the slip.

Pro tree

R/T .041
60' 1.525
330 5.273
1/8 8.298
mph 81.34
1000' 10.889
1/4 13.083
mph 102.38

The mph was normal
1/4 13.083 was not

His R/T was .770 if that matters.

How do I correct these times or are they right, they don't seem to be.

I want to know if what I tried was worth trying again as it was the last pratice before the qualifiers started.

Thanks.
The elapsed time starts once you break the staging beams. Add both cars reaction times to the elapsed times and you get the margin of victory or loss that most tracks print on the timeslip.

What is your normal sixty foot time? It looks as though you came out of the hole as best could be hoped for with the power you are making. A 1.52 sixty foot is DAMN good for your power to weight ratio. This is why your ET dropped three or more tenths compared with your previous timeslips. You probably sixty in the high 1.6 -1.70's range on a usual pass? James

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It can have an effect on your et if you bump through the beam and redlight-the timer starts,then you leave.The time from when you bumped thru until the car actually leaves will slow your et by that much.

·
Registered
740 Posts
it looks as if your 60' would actually be in the 2.2 range.
sounds like your back tires tripped the beams.

you are not going to 60' in the 1.5 range with a stock car and street tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still don't seem right, if I break the second beam before .4 then it is a red light and my times are a wash. If I deep staged and got lucky with the light and broke the beam with my front tires and did get a 1.5 60' it would be quite something as not only are the tires stock so is the suspension and it absorbs a lot of the go before the car starts to move forward so I am doubtful that happened as my prestage lights were still on when I launched. Could it true that I might have been moving already from a shallow stage as the 3 lights were already yellow and my front wheels tripped the beam .041 before I let off the break?

you are not going to 60' in the 1.5 range with a stock car and street tires.
I agree ROBOT, there is something I am failing to understand.

I am finding it hard to wrap my head around this for a true understanding due to the inexperience and lack of knowlage of how the tree, beams and timer program actually works.

Go on yellow and hope for the best is all I know.

I got a LB3A for a R/T once they gave me a sportsman tree instead of the pro and still got the right numbers for the run.

James, my normal 60' is averaging around 2.14 +/- with a launch at 1,500 rpms with the traction control off this one time I gave the TC a go with the launch and I could feel it at work but I did not think it engaged quick enough to do me good it felt like it was holding me back and though when it let go I did not spin and rolled into the throttle and I stabbed it hard after leaving 1st at 5,500k and pushed 2nd to 6k as the tune is programed.

idk, back tires? I believe we were both staged at the time and my prestage lights were still on when I started moving as were the 3 yellow lights. I could be wrong and he might not have been staged? If this is so then could that be my error?

Still thinking.

Thanks for the input everyone if you can add more please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts