Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to this but wondering if anyone has any tips/suggestions. I have a 92 fox with an aod. I recently added a manual valve body, 2400 stall converter and aluminum driveshaft after doing these things my 60 ft 330 and 1/8 mile are all slower any reason for this?

·
Registered
284 Posts
My guess would be the converter is not meant for what you have. If it is meant for a moderate to heavily modified car or a power adder car then it is probably way to tight. A tight converter can kill your times. You have any other specs on the converter? and what all is done to your car.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Did your traction improve? Years ago I did a driveshaft, control arms and slicks, the car was absolute dog! too much traction for the amount of power it was putting out. 100% bone stock 93 5.0

·
Registered
471 Posts
Is the new converter a 10" or smaller or is it a stock size, 12"?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
The aluminum driveshaft is no measurable change at all, so scratch it off.

That leaves the manual valve body and converter. If the trans shifts solid it won't be the valve body.

That leaves the converter. A few things can happen here.

1.) You could a totally wrong stall, which is really unlikely to be worse than stock but it could happen

2.) The converter can be bad. If the sprags are bad or it is locking up, you can kill starting line torque multiplication.

3.) You could have installed the converter without checking clearances and jamming the flexplate up toward the engine and binding the thrust bearing in the engine and eating up the engine's thrust bearing. Did you check converter to flex clearance before bolting it down?

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Pretty much what Tom said. What brand of converter and what size? I think somebody else asked that already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts