Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question is more concerning tire appearence, is it okay to use products such as "Armor All" or "tire shine" on the sidewalls of these tires to make them look good? I don't want to put anything on the tire that will destroy it prematurely or degrade it's traction properties. What do you guys use? Also, is there anything that should be done to the tires (particularly the tread surface) after a day or weekend at the track? I've heard the tread suface should be cleaned and even "scuffed up" after, to get the traction compounds they put down at the track off of the tire before they "set up" or glaze over. Saw this on another site and a guy even had a procedure he follows for this. 1st time I'd heard of it, wondered if it's just B.S. Any other tips on tire care are welcomed as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hoosier says not to put any chemicals of any kind on their tires, but I wash my slicks after every race with mild warm dishsoap and water to get all the crap from the waterbox off.

I also swap sides every 20 passes or so, which Hoosier recommends. After the race when I get my car off the trailer I spin them just a few revolutions in the street (dry) to get all the VHT and pebbles off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts