·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

and added 2" on the rear

·
Registered
581 Posts
I know ALOT of folks don't care for the ten holes but they changed the entire look of your ride for the better IMO,plus like you I'm a fan of the unassuming look when packing serious power under the hood.

I like what you did there being able to keep your five lug setup.The only reason I'm still 4 lug is to have the ability to rock the original ten holes when my heart desires.I take a few long road trips in the summer in my '86 and mount up the ten holes for the extra sidewall comfort.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I was waiting for you to start a thread with a picture I really like what you did. I love a clean "stock looking" coupe

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, been hard after last year. just trying to keep it looking like a stocker and surprising the competition. Since I look so stock its easy pickings.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Like it, love 10 holes. Need to find a clean set for my 88 for the street

·
Registered
991 Posts
Awesome! That makes me want to have a couple inches added to a couple of my Turbines along with drag radials and reinstall them back on my car.

Who would know. LOL

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weldcraft did the widening, its 200 a rim plus shipping there and back. The 5 lug was only 40.00 a rim and I found that within driving distance (Tampa Fl) not sure of the name but I can find out since some others have asked. Its all CNC with hardened knurled inserts put in. What was funny was when I asked how much for the 5 lug drilling he told me 160.00 and I was like ok thats a little pricey (must had a look on my face) and almost agreed when he said "you know thats for all 4" I was yeah sure I knew that lol.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Love it.

How wide is the rim now? What's the back spacing? What tire is on the back?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys, I always wanted to do this and finally did.

·
Registered
249 Posts
10 hole rim sleeper look. looove it. love that reef blue color too. my supercharged GT is the same color. its in my main pic. should be in the low elevens soon. i've been toying with the idea of taking off my welds and throwing on ten holes. my friends look at me like i'm crazy but with the right tire combination in the back they just look tough. i used to hate them but not anymore. so if you added 2 inches they went from 7 to 9 inches? any rubbing?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes rims went to 9", fit 255/60/15's and fit perfect. Trying new 275/60/15's for more roll out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts