Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys need help on this one. Planning to build a single turbo setup on my car and my mods list are in the sig. I'm changing the gears to 3.55's and as far as everything else i'm adding i want to rebuild the motor and i have world sr roush heads 2.02's to add on also.

question i got is since i don't need a big cam, is the stock cam good enough for this build with 1.6rr's or does anyone else recommend a different cam???

·
Registered
772 Posts
ok guys need help on this one. Planning to build a single turbo setup on my car and my mods list are in the sig. I'm changing the gears to 3.55's and as far as everything else i'm adding i want to rebuild the motor and i have world sr roush heads 2.02's to add on also.

question i got is since i don't need a big cam, is the stock cam good enough for this build with 1.6rr's or does anyone else recommend a different cam???
Stock cam will work nicely with what you have. Put a Master Power 70mm turbo on it (they're cheap and plentiful...a good turbo for a first time turbo guy), and you'll make more than enough power to split the stock block, even with a stock cam. Really, anything 60mm and above, and you'll make good power with the stock cam.

Good luck.

qikazz

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok next question i got is, i'm building up an 89 motor. from my understanding from 86 to 92 the motors came with forged piston and in 93 and up they came with hypertonic pistons.

my goal is to hit 350-400 on 8psi no more. so i'm pushing safe border line so that the motor wont blow. just need to kno what should be upgraded and what can be left stock as far as internal build goes.??? (everything is apart already )

T

·
0 Posts
With a mp70 and completely stock motor, 7.5psi, I was making around 374/450 at around 3500 or so. the car was going to make a lot more so that would be a good setup for what you are discussing doing. That was with the stock pump and we were running out of fuel but with the setup discussed above, you are going to reach your goal no problem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool, i'll post pics of the final product when i'm done, thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts