Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For best results what's better? What are benefits and downside of each?
I've been looking at cxr 750hp twin Turbo kits and on3 kits. Anyone have experience with the cxr kit?

·
Registered
753 Posts
With today's turbo technology, a single setup. It already has more power/flow potential and all the cylinders feed one turbo vice only half the cylinders feeding their own turbo so the spool benefit just isnt there anymore.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I was hoping people in the room would be able to comment on this thread.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A properly sized single is the way to go...... Unless you don't have the room for a single. And now days a good mid frame (T-4) can make more power than you can use in a street car..... I run a Precision 7675 Billet wheel turbo.... That turbo is good for 1200 flywheel hp and has put race car mustangs in the 7's.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
depending on how much power you're looking to make it may be easier to package a twin as the size of the dp on a single and a fox body can be a pita

·
Registered
179 Posts
Everyone has made great points here. The twin versus single have there place. It depends on room and engine size but with the power goals I believe u r looking for go single would b easier. My experience the twins r easier to spool on race stuff than say a single 106mm that we have run. The shop car is being setup for both cases now though. Some places won't allow twins that we r going to run but as stated earlier technology has advanced so much turbos its unreal and great for people with turbo cars. It really just a matter of what you want and the cubic inches you have feeding them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts