Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running single exh on there turbo car?
Im wondering what size tubing would be best, turbo kit has a 3" down pipe, should i stay with 3" all the way or go larger?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The bigger u can do the better but then clearance becomes an issue. 3 inch Will work just fine though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
3" downpipe 3" extension pipe to a 3" flowmaster straight through outlaw muffler dumped

·
Registered
353 Posts
ive got 3in dp then all the way out 3in through a magnaflow. I havent had it on the dyno yet but should flow pretty good.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
3 inch dp to a 4 inch race magnum to a 4inch turn down before real axel. Fit real well and sounded mean.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replys, I will probably go the single route, ill do some pricing on some 3-4" pipe and mufflers and make a decision from there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive got 3in dp then all the way out 3in through a magnaflow. I havent had it on the dyno yet but should flow pretty good.

Looks nice! im courious how it will sound, whats the magnaflow part number youre using there?

·
Registered
422 Posts
The bigger the better if you have the room. 3" will work good, although could probably make a bit more power and spool faster with larger piping.

Also try to stay away from chambered mufflers, they cause a restriction which is raise backpressure, reducing power and increasing spool time.

Im running a full 3" exhaust through a hooker maxflow (straight through muffler) dumped at the rear axle. Its suprisingly quiet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bigger the better if you have the room. 3" will work good, although could probably make a bit more power and spool faster with larger piping.

Also try to stay away from chambered mufflers, they cause a restriction which is raise backpressure, reducing power and increasing spool time.

Im running a full 3" exhaust through a hooker maxflow (straight through muffler) dumped at the rear axle. Its suprisingly quiet.
Nice! thanks for the tips, im looking for quiet

·
Registered
353 Posts
Looks nice! im courious how it will sound, whats the magnaflow part number youre using there?

Thanks. Is nice a quite and deep at an idle. Sounds good driving to not to loud till you start getting on it.
Im not sure what the part number is. If i feel like getting under it and looking ill let you know lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts

Yeah, chambered mufflers do not belong on turbo cars.

I have a cheapo dynomax bullet muffler and the car is very quiet for the power it makes. 3.5 downpipe, 3.5 muffler and turn down.

Would love to have bigger but it is a tight fit.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I will 3rd the hooker maxflows car idles like stock and cruises like stock no one will see you coming.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I just re-did my exh.

3.5" DP to 3.5" exh to 3.5" magnaflow striaght thru with a turndown

It all runs down the driver side and I also did all v-band incase I ever wanna try open DP again.

Car is nice and quiet, I like it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts