Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone has a proven way to run single exhaust off a single turbo with 3.5 DP.

Curious how you guys are hooking the exhaust up to the DP---I know it can't be welded. I was thinking a v band would be nice--but my 3.5 is so tight going down by the firewall I don't know if I would have room for the lip that the vband requires.

I was thinking of maybe using some of that flexible pipe semis use to hook up to the dp with a clamp. I don't mind the noise as much as the fumes in the car.

Anything you have would be appreciated. Again I'm mainly interested in how you guys are hooking up to the DP and transitioning to 2.5 out the back.

thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
actually, i have a 306ci motor pushing into a single t4 turbo with only a 3" single downpipe and it works fine, your setup would be an upgrade, i don't see any reason why you can't do it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hoping someone has a proven way to run single exhaust off a single turbo with 3.5 DP.

Curious how you guys are hooking the exhaust up to the DP---I know it can't be welded. I was thinking a v band would be nice--but my 3.5 is so tight going down by the firewall I don't know if I would have room for the lip that the vband requires.

I was thinking of maybe using some of that flexible pipe semis use to hook up to the dp with a clamp. I don't mind the noise as much as the fumes in the car.

Anything you have would be appreciated. Again I'm mainly interested in how you guys are hooking up to the DP and transitioning to 2.5 out the back.

thanks!
I was able to pick up some low-profile V-band clamps. Their lip is half the usual height. Maybe look into these?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link speedy---don't know why that didn't pop up in my search. I just need to find out if that y pipe will fit over my 3.5 dp---I don't have room for a v band on my car.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thanks for the link speedy---don't know why that didn't pop up in my search. I just need to find out if that y pipe will fit over my 3.5 dp---I don't have room for a v band on my car.
Theres a FlowMaster 3.5" -> 2 2.5" on Jegs.
I think this is it here.

You can always use a stainless exhaust band clamp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts