Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished my on3 install and waiting for my quarterhorse tune. Maybe second guessing myself, but is my boost friendly 255 lph pump enough to support 500 rwhp?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
using 60# injectors and a custom tune by Willie at DirtyDirtyRacing

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
we have a single 255 feeding an untuned windsor with gt40p heads and a 70mm at 12psi, makes just a little over 500rwhp.... all we did was bump the base pressure up a hair, 39lb terminator injectors. car has ran great for almost 3 years now, never even ate a head gasket

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock block is my limiting factor. Like to keep it around 500 rwhp and revs under 6k. Just a fun car, not dedicated track car, so will not be beat on by any means. Told Willie to tune for 93 octane, that's all she gets!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we have a single 255 feeding an untuned windsor with gt40p heads and a 70mm at 12psi, makes just a little over 500rwhp.... all we did was bump the base pressure up a hair, 39lb terminator injectors. car has ran great for almost 3 years now, never even ate a head gasket
impressive on 39's!

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I first bought my car it was all stock cept for a paxton putting out 8psi with a 255 pump and kb bap with 24 lb injectors. I drove the car couple months that way before she needed freshened up. Pulled the system and sold it but never had an issue in that time granted only got to drive it maybe 10 times cause I bought it in January. The 255 seems to handle a good bit from what ive seen. Being you wanting 500 hp could add a bap for piece of mind.

Sent from my SCH-I605

·
Registered
299 Posts
You should be fine with a 255. You'll have no room to grow with it but that's okay because your block won't have room to grow either
could not have said it better

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
boost one can handle higher fuel pressure and has higher output at lower pressures

1 - 14 of 14 Posts