Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
For sure new, have you tried the g43 compared to the 27?
No I haven't... I was given the opportunity to purchase my duty G23 when I retired in the mid-90's. I just preferred to stick with the same caliber/ammo when I purchased the 27. The 23 now seems enormous... :surprise:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Looks like a nice shooter, has me interested.

·
Vendor
11,887 Posts
I would have to hold it, the ergonomics on my shield 9 is unreal. I bought the shield after buying a duty trade in mp40. Not a fan boy of any particular but the mp feel is just great

·
Registered
643 Posts
^^^ I agree Woody. Fit/feel is everything. It's good to hear you like the Shield. I had a MP40 compact and loved that gun (especially the snort of the 40) but it just did not shoot well. I do not claim to be a pro marksman by any stretch but that gun had issues. The dealer actually bought it back. I then went with a XDs9 and am very happy with it. I don't know as I would trade up for the 365 but the higher capacity is enticing, albeit not by much. Night sights are nice too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have to hold it, the ergonomics on my shield 9 is unreal. I bought the shield after buying a duty trade in mp40. Not a fan boy of any particular but the mp feel is just great
Actually Woody, I bought 2 shields when they were under $250 with rebate.
The angle of that grip after owning Glocks my entire life is what made me carry the gen 1 shield over the Glocks.

·
Vendor
11,887 Posts
I missed that deal but got mine for 299. I did a little light polishing to reduce the grit on take up, thats all. I dont care about tactile reset, can't see where this means anything in the real world. I have no doubt the sig is nice, but without feel thats a tough sell for me, for any brand

·
Registered
25,699 Posts
I got to shoot one at the range day out at SHOT Show. It's a nice piece. I think Sig has a winner if their production guns run like the prototypes. I think it's positioned to change the standard for a CCW. Keltec built basically the same gun with the P11 twenty years ago, but Sig has refined it well and has the marketing power to drive it.

·
Registered
25,699 Posts
I got to shoot one at the range day out at SHOT Show. It's a nice piece. I think Sig has a winner if their production guns run like the prototypes. I think it's positioned to change the standard for a CCW. Keltec built basically the same gun with the P11 twenty years ago, but Sig has refined it well and has the marketing power to drive it.
And it looks like the production guns are ####ting the bed. That really sucks. I'm sure Sig will make it right, but beta testing on their customers is getting a little old.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even researching and seeing tons of problems with this sig. pre order is on hold at discounted price. I am waiting until at least end of summer before looking to pick this up.

Looks like Sig stepped on their dick again. Lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And it looks like the production guns are ####ting the bed. That really sucks. I'm sure Sig will make it right, but beta testing on their customers is getting a little old.
Yep, but remember how Glock beta tested on customers with the g42/43?

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
I hope they fix the problems soon because I was hoping to pick one up in the next month or so.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope they fix the problems soon because I was hoping to pick one up in the next month or so.
I’m putting my purchase on hold. Looks like more problems are popping up.

I have no idea how the idiots at Sig did not field test this weapon enough.

Especially after the 320 fiasco.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Finally got mine. Put 167 rounds through it last week and only one issue that was caused by a junk case that I've loaded probably 7-8 times now.

Put some rounds through my chrono as well and found they run around 100fps slower than from my XDm 3.8 9mm. Shooting +P through this thing is pretty rough and couldn't imagine trying to shoot them often at all. The slide stop wasn't the easiest to release when I first got it but now it's loosened up a bit and the trigger feels a little better as well though it did feel pretty nice right out of the box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts