Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my wastegate off to install gasket, had used ultra copper because it didn't come with gaskets, and when I was I was cleaning it all up I noticed with the gate closed I could see light around it while seated. Should it be air tight? I'm not talking about the gaskets I mean the firing ring(or whatever the valve is called in the wastegate)

·
Registered
932 Posts
If you don't have fire ring in then you will see light.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so what is the fire ring exactly? Anyone have a pic?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size is the wastegate that comes with the 2v kit? What do you recomend? Tial?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The wastegate size depends on which kit you have. The 4v kit uses dual 38mm gates. Yes tial stuff will work as they are clone knockoffs of Tials.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
932 Posts
What size is the wastegate that comes with the 2v kit? What do you recomend? Tial?
The rear facing comes with 38mm. I cut all my piping off went with 2" pipe and a pro gate 50. I think a tial 44 will bolt right up to original spot. The fire ring goes between flange and valve . You can not build boost without the firer ring in place ask me how I know.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rear facing comes with 38mm. I cut all my piping off went with 2" pipe and a pro gate 50. I think a tial 44 will bolt right up to original spot. The fire ring goes between flange and valve . You can not build boost without the firer ring in place ask me how I know.
I wonder how you know ;)

Well I think it is just a cheap valve. It looks like the ring is there the valve just doesn't seat well against it. I pressure tested the cold side and the BOV is leaking at about 3lb of boost too. I guess I need to upgrade them both when I am not so broke.

She runs and builds good boost it just takes a while now.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I wonder how you know ;)

Well I think it is just a cheap valve. It looks like the ring is there the valve just doesn't seat well against it. I pressure tested the cold side and the BOV is leaking at about 3lb of boost too. I guess I need to upgrade them both when I am not so broke.

She runs and builds good boost it just takes a while now.
Ya they are cheap pieces. People will run them without any trouble others will have trouble, it's a crap shoot. My on3 bov would not hold vacuume it leaked like a sive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts