Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turbonetics t67 had a puff of smoke come out of the car a few days ago at idle. Worried my new turbo might be getting hurt. Original turbo started to make my car smoke really bad. Replace it with the t67 and no smoke. Don't want to buy another! Stock oil pump. Oil feed coming from stock sending unit location. Should I use a restrictor? What size?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Ball bearing or journal bearing?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Journal bearing and feeds from drain strait down to oil pan at the top of the front oil pan section.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
That should not need an oil restrictor. Not sure you should be stressed over a small puff. Could something even have dripped onto the exhaust near the outlet?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yea my pte70mm had the same problem(misquto truck) with a -8 return. Im upgrading to -10 now and I hope the problems fixed. Im going to rebuild it and use it to break in the new motor for a little while and work out some kinks befor I put a expensive turbo on my car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what size it is, I would have to go look to see but I know it is a large hose. I would guess around 1/2 inch or maybe 5/8 rubber hose.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think you'd be fine doing a restrictor.I always ran a nitrous jet in the line as a restrictor on my old t88 combo and I'd think that bigger turbo would even need more oil than a 67. Journal bearing turbos need less oil than I thought.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had Reed at WorkTurbochargers build me a pair of gt35's, and i asked him about restrictors and he said, "if any journal bearing turbo needs a restrictor its because its not put together right".

He told me to run -4 feed lines with no restictors.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I had Reed at WorkTurbochargers build me a pair of gt35's, and i asked him about restrictors and he said, "if any journal bearing turbo needs a restrictor its because its not put together right".

He told me to run -4 feed lines with no restictors.
Precision gave me the exact same guidance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts