Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running stock rear suspension, stock 3.27 rear end and stock 3650, mt 275 50 15's s/s this past weekend in my twin turbo mustang. Sure the trans is going to blow up soon behind 650 hp, but I was rather impressed with my 1.380 60' time. It seems if I can replace the trans with a t56 viper with similar gearing, I should be able to replicate? At this power level, I want to make it last, not necessarily change any of the components. Cutting that kind of a time with no subframes, upper or lower control arms makes me wonder why I'd make any changes?

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Your clutch seems to be a good match to your current combination, but mph will give you an idea of how much you are leaving on the table.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the unknown, I got out of it at the 1/8th, I was really only was practicing launches. Mph was hovering around 89-90mph with a 7.8-7.9 second passes.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have a viper t56 with a 2.66 first and 4.10s and i cant get the car to 60ft.
What does your car weigh and do you leave on boost ?with that kinda 60ft i wont Change a thing.are your axle tubes welded ?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Literally stock rear end setup, no boost off launch, just a 3500rpm clutch dump. im hoping to be somewhere near 3300lbs?

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is an impressive 60 foot, congrats! Since longevity is a concern I would look into bracing known weak areas. I would add subframe connectors and brace your torque boxes at a minimum. I would also think that the stock rubber bushings in the control arms would be taking a pretty good beating with hits like that. Maybe think about upgrading control arms in the near future? Build the rear end?

Were you getting out of it before the 1/8 mile? I would have guessed that you should be mid to low 6's and easily over 100 mph in the 1/8.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Any pics or videos of your car launching ?would be nice to see how your suspension is reacting on the initial hit

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the advice I was looking for, thanks! I do have the steeda subframe connectors with torque box bracing. I may do control arms, I'd just kinda hate to change a whole lot. Yes, I was on the brakes by the 1/8th, wasn't shifting when I should have. On the launch, it pulled left front wheel up, and again shifting to second. I'll see if I can post a video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts