Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok bringing my car in to get the roll bar and subframes,catch can installed and a re-tune Buying a MS plug and play i have 42's now and Mods in my sig should i go with 60's and be done with it?...Since there re-tuning it anyways? And where is the best place to get 60's

·
Registered
804 Posts
The real question is are you truley going to be done with the car after you throw the 60's on there.

Your making good power and there is no reason to put new injectors or meagasquirt your car. If there is a possibilty you'll do future upgrades, then by all means do it.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How big of turbo? Will you ever go E85?
Its a 70 mm .68 A/R i run 14 psi and i use a snow performance stage 2 meth kit also...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now i feel the car runs good but i was told the Moates chip is ok but a MS is way better to re-fine the tune even better...and yes im thinking of going 60's to be on the safe side...tho i do think the 42's are ok

·
Registered
257 Posts
You might not 100% need them. I doubt they will hurt your driveablity much at all, worst thing is you get a little worse mpg. I havent heard of 60s effecting much though.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
you will be maxing out the stock block before those 42s

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ok bringing my car in to get the roll bar and subframes,catch can installed and a re-tune Buying a MS plug and play i have 42's now and Mods in my sig should i go with 60's and be done with it?...Since there re-tuning it anyways? And where is the best place to get 60's
I'd save it for the next round of HP upgrades. I wouldn't even retune it now, unless you aren't liking the drivability. 60s and a tune is what $8-900. You aren't going to be putting any more power to it bc of the block so why bother with it. Unless like it said it drives like crap. 800-1k can buy all nice suspension. That's just what I'd do. Or you got an AOD right, how bout a nice mvb with a brake

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the tune now is ok i do have a hot start issue we know what it is..no biggie...I know im at my limits on the stock block,thats for sure...lol..I do have an AOD i will be needing a new one soon,this one is going to hold much longer i bought the car 5 yrs ago raced it with a blower for a few yrs,now i added a turbo so its starting to show its age..so a trans is in order when i get one it will either be a Lentech or a sliver fox with all the goodies...As for the MS i want to get it for down for when i do go a new motor..And yeah my tuner said to stay with the 42's i should be ok...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts