Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '86 coupe that I've been working on for a couple years now. I just don't have the time to work on it anymore with my job. i had thought about selling it but I have also thought about finding a shop that would be interested in working on it including some body work and wiring. I'm in east TN but would be willing to travel a little if things worked out. What's out there?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what you would think. People around here aren't motivated by money. There's even a shop around here that does body work and mustang performance. Seems like the perfect shop but I don't feel like I got the right response. Basically "let us get some of these cars done and maybe we'll call you".

·
11,039 Posts
I'd say just work on it every Tuesday night.

I no longer trust shops. They're businesses that get more money changing exhaust tips on highschoolers' civics than they get from the hassle of a mustang repair. They will [email protected] anything that you won't be able to see, use the cheapest parts available, and figure that you will sell your car before the bubble-gum repair fails in six months.

If you have a task that requires machinery, such as turning rotors or pressing ABS rings on, or a specialty task such as changing gears, ya, wheel the car to a pro. Else DIY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts