Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shooting for 9's in my 90GT. The Engine combo is an R302 block based 349 (.040 overbore) stroker with Ben Alameda Ported TFS 170's. The cam is a Comp 35-773-8 which is supposed to be good to 6300rpm. It also has a passenger side mounted Paxton Novi 2000 pushing 17-20lbs of boost. The trans is a C4 (non trans brake) with a PTC converter with 3.55's in the rear. To date, with the AZs D/A, the car consistently runs in the 10.60-70s with traps speeds ranging from 126-129mph. 60ft times aren't the best, but consistently hit the 1.5's. The downfall to my combo is the ported Cobra intake. I thought I'd be cool to hit 9's with it but am not sure I can. With that being said, I initially ordered a ported FTI System Max 2, but from the advice of my Engine Builder Mentor, I've opted for the Super Victor EFI. What elbows are you guys running for passenger side mounted blowers?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
412 Posts
My cars numbers are close to inline with you, also trying for 9s.

I'm re doing my fuel system and retuning the car on E85, hoping to pick up 60hp or more.

Just sharing ideas.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think you would be better off with the holley systemax 2.
I think you would make a more broad power band because the super victor usually starts to make more power around 6k rpm so if you are shifting at 6300-6500 not really enough rpm to take full advantage of that intake and especially if your cam is more designed for a powerband to 6300. I think it was prestige motorsports did a dyno test on a turbo 363 engine and compared a victor efi intake and a super vic and elbow and the super vic was down around 100hp or so. Super vic looks cool but not always the best choice.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My cars numbers are close to inline with you, also trying for 9s.

I'm re doing my fuel system and retuning the car on E85, hoping to pick up 60hp or more.

Just sharing ideas.
That's a thought. Not E85, but I'm currently running a meth kit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you would be better off with the holley systemax 2.
I think you would make a more broad power band because the super victor usually starts to make more power around 6k rpm so if you are shifting at 6300-6500 not really enough rpm to take full advantage of that intake and especially if your cam is more designed for a powerband to 6300. I think it was prestige motorsports did a dyno test on a turbo 363 engine and compared a victor efi intake and a super vic and elbow and the super vic was down around 100hp or so. Super vic looks cool but not always the best choice.
That's what had me thinking about the system max 2. I did see that video. It was very interesting. I initially ordered the system max 2 from FTI but it hasn't been processed. I'm waiting on their response as to which they think is best suited for my setup.

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
In a boosted application the Super Vic would be better. And switching to E-85 would also help tremendously.

·
Registered
394 Posts
https://youtu.be/wpwh2Pmc3-w

This car runs 5's in the 1/8 and bottom 9's in the 1/4 with a 302 and what looks to be a track heat intake so they can work really good.seems like 100% of the time everbody recommends the super vic intake but i never see any 1/8 or 1/4 mile testing back to back to see for a fact which one is really better.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://youtu.be/wpwh2Pmc3-w

This car runs 5's in the 1/8 and bottom 9's in the 1/4 with a 302 and what looks to be a track heat intake so they can work really good.seems like 100% of the time everbody recommends the super vic intake but i never see any 1/8 or 1/4 mile testing back to back to see for a fact which one is really better.
That car scoots!

Just got an email from ED. He recommended a ported TFS Box R for my setup, so I just ordered it. At the end of the day I'm curious to see what kinda time difference I'll have as compared to the cobra intake that's on it now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just keep in mind it may not fit under that hood you have. It will probably be real close clearence wise. I ran that intake on my 427 stroker and had to cut a hole in my hood and i had the spacer machined down 1/8 inch. It looks like i have the same hood as you do in the video you posted.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just keep in mind it may not fit under that hood you have. It will probably be real close clearence wise. I ran that intake on my 427 stroker and had to cut a hole in my hood and i had the spacer machined down 1/8 inch. It looks like i have the same hood as you do in the video you posted.
Sure hope it clears otherwise a new hood would be in order. That's something I was thinking about after making the purchase. I am running a UPR Tubular K Member and solid motor mounts. I did measure my cobra intake manifold with its' spacer. It measured in at just above 12"s.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good luck.

What does your car calculate to at sea level?
At sea level it would be a 9.80 car with the current 60ft times Im pulling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts