Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes the bigger difference in launching?

I made the mistake of putting bilsteins and the eibach pro kit on my car thinking it was going to be more of a handling car than a drag car.

Im trying to change it over a litle to be more launch friendly, where should I start? I know its a complete package that all works together, but I want to know where to start for now.

what would make the bigger difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Depends on if you are talking front or rear suspension.

front suspension - Springs

Rear suspension - Shocks

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you guys think I will notice a big difference going to rear lakewoods vs my current bilsteins?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thing is I have bilsteins all around, and the eibach pro kit. Its pretty darn stiff. I would imagine the rear is what I should work first no?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Thing is I have bilsteins all around, and the eibach pro kit. Its pretty darn stiff. I would imagine the rear is what I should work first no?
Tackle the front first. A Lakewood rear shock is stiffer than a factory unit. I'm sure your Bilsteins are stiffer than stock rears also.

You would need a more drag friendly strut, and some different rate front springs.(weight transfer) An adjustable strut would probably be ideal for you, but they are slightly more expensive.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of springs/shocks are you guys running on your street/strip setups? I hate when the car sits up high up front, I know the eibach drag launch kit will do this, any kits out there that perform well and wont?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Just run a set of lakewood 70/30 struts (or even 90/10 for that matter if you don't care about hard cornering), and a set of coil-overs. Then you can adjust the ride height to your liking also.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
cheapest setup is honestly stock rear v8springs..4cly front springs..stock $30 rear shocks and maybee some 70/30s up front w/ no front sway..goes well

just me i have had drag and handling suspenions..my advice is good lower control arms such as UMI(from sam strano best prices) stock uppers , keep your suspension, and add some sticky tires and learn to drive..you can be ready for the occasional drag race and enjoy it everyday...driving a no front sway bar with 4cly springs is no fun everyday :)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Do not buy Lakewoods 90/10s or 70/30s get the Strange 10 ways for $40 more and have a drag strut and a road race/street strut all in one package. Start with a 130# front spring. Run some strange adjustable shocks out back with the stock V8 springs cut 1 coil and it will look like this:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts