Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the dyno last Friday. I wasn't overly thrilled with the peak HP but that was more than offset by the nearly uniform torque increase through the entire RPM range. I left Higgins Ford Performance with a smile on my face. I could really feel the increase!!

I know it's difficult to read but the blue curve is the final run of the day while the red curve is the first.

Opinions welcome!

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
798 Posts
Congrats..I didn't know you posted or I would have introduced myself...

You have a nice ass car..Congrats on the numbers..

I was the guy who walked up and was talking to Jason when he was backing your car out....

BTW,Im from hendersonville...;)

Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I remember you. So that was your killer GT... That car (ooops I mean airplane) :eek: was very awesome.

BTW, this is only my first post.

So you're from up North. I'll make sure to make a quick exit if I see you on I-65:lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Blown46Cobra. I got out my magnifying glass, and it looks like it crosses around 4k.:joy:

John

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Nice #'s and welcome to the board. :) What about the intake is it stock or ported? And what compression ratio are you running?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Cool! I've been waiting to see results from MOD motor stroker kits. The torque looks very nice, but the heads don't seem to flow too well up top. Or perhaps the intake needs some work :confused: ?

I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag here, but I was at Houston Performance this past weekend and Steve showed me his new stroker crank that will bump up displacement to 306 cubic inches with a standard .020 overbore. This is not a reground crank, but a brand new one.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I assume that this is a 2V motor???

Nice numbers, but I myself would've expected more from that sort of set-up considering cost & effort involved.

I would hope that there's more hp & tq to be rung-out of your combo....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Angus said:

Nice numbers, but I myself would've expected more from that sort of set-up considering cost & effort involved.

That's what I'm guessing. SHM made about 30 more hp and trq with stock 99 heads, intake, road race cams, LT's and a 3" X-pipe. Either way, those numbers make me....:drool:.

Good job.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Angus said:

I want to guess 4V by the shape of the torque graph and the way it signs off at 6K. Which is it?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
oops, i guess that would probably be a 2v motor. so what compression are you runnin? those are still some bad ass numbers and very nice curves.

marcus

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats on the Numbers:joy:

The numbers look real good. You are all motor right? No forced induction? Well when you do decide to do that, you got a great motor to handle it:joy:

You will love the motor. I have been running the same motor in my GT for over a year now and I have no complaints.

Heather

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a 4V with stock compression, and I'm using the stock intake:( so I've got some room for improvement. It is NA for now. Maybe a SC in the future but my bank account has some healing to do!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
How does the car run? Are there any issues with the motor (i.e. funny idle, burning oil, etc.)? Does the car sound different? If so, is the sound bad or does it give it a nice tone? Also, keep us updated on the long term effects of the stroker. Some of us are considering an 5.0+ stroker, but want to make sure that there are no major issues with them. The modular engine is still relatively new and I definitely want to hear more about the SHM stroker and any of the others that are out there before I decide to go that route. Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cool deal, good to see some more naturally aspirated power on the board.

Question on your gear choice: A 3.55 gear is not much better than stock. Even if your more the road race type a 4.10 gear would really help to wake the car up, and the car will still go 160+mph with the 4.10 gear.

Are you still running the stock injectors? They are good to 350rwhp on a naturally aspirated Cobra motor.

With a re-worked intake and a new tune I think you could easily get 350rwhp.

Later

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
rumblincobra said:
It's a 4V with stock compression, and I'm using the stock intake:( so I've got some room for improvement. It is NA for now. Maybe a SC in the future but my bank account has some healing to do!!
I'm a little confused - the motor is a stroked 4V with aftermarket cams & a fair amount of bolt-ons...

330 rwhp is all it puts-out??? :eek:

Or am I confused & the combo is not intended to make significantly MORE hp, but increase the low-end???

What did this set-up cost???

·
Registered
568 Posts
What year is your car? Are you using the 99+ tumble port heads or 96-98 heads? Have any flow numbers on the heads or cam specs?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts