Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called SHM to ask about advancing the timming of my 2001 GT. He told me there are two ways to go.

First with steeda; he said that steeda advance the timming at the crank which will be the same through the whole range in the RPM.

Then if you go with SHM chip, he will burn a chip which will advance the timming but at different RPMs it will be different. Meaning, lets say at 2000 RPM the timming will be at 12*. At 4000 RPM the timming will be 14* and so on. He wouldn't tell me how much it advances the timming at each point of the RPM because he said that its a secret and he can't let anyone know about, so only SHM will have it. the price he gave was 450$ cannadian. He also said that it adjust your air/fuel ratio as well.

I want to hear from you guys if you ever tried it or know if it's any good? Or is steeda just as good?

I want to try it and put it on the dyno to see if there are any gains and if not i will just return it. But i would like to hear from anyone who tried it already.

thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It can be done w/ a chip or a "crank trigger" (I think that's what its called). Anyway a chip on these cars can change out A/F & Timing..

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
ViciousGT- i have 2 chips from SHM that i am selling CHEAP if you want one let me know. It would have to be reburned for your application and computer code, but it would save you alot of money. I think SHM charges $75 US to re-burn and i think JD's does it for the same price. PM me if you are interested

1 - 3 of 3 Posts