Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what's the best after-market drag race shifter for a stock 93 gt 5-spd? i believe that shifter stops are a given, but which shifter provides the best 2-3 shift? also require shifter that utilizes the stock knob.

·
Registered
634 Posts
It depends..........i would try and "feel" or drive some cars with different ones. For example i use an older hurst base (circa 1980's) with a solid bushed stock stick thats been shortened an inch......i've used this shifter since '95 so nothing else is close for me........PRO 5.0/Steeda/Hurst/MGW etc are all good stuff..............

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Alot of it is personal preferance on the "feel" of the shifter...but I loved my old pro5.0. You had to try to miss 3rd on a shift with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have tryed many kinds of shifters for the T-5 tranny and I like the Pro -5 the best , It has the best feel and is built more solid than ether a Hurst or a B&M . A Hurst shifter for the single rail tranny don't have the quality that the old Hurst side rail shifters have.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I love my Tri-Ax. Very tight, very accurate.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i run a tri-axe on my 3550 as well and i love it. however, alot of gear engagement has to do with the quality of the gear lube in the trans too. i have royal purple syncromesh in it now, after a fresh rebuild (new syncs, seals, fork pads, new 3rd gear, etc etc.) and ive never felt a trans engage 3rd at 5500 rpm so smooth in my life. whether it was the fresh syncs, or the royal purple i cannot tell you. for all i know, it may be a combination of the both.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought a PRO-5.0 shifter when they first came out, I still have that same shifter and it's been in every t-5 I've ran, never had an issues. Ordered a second one last year so I had one for t-3650 behind my mod motor car. I'll never buy another shifter.

·
Registered
458 Posts
How about a shifter for a T-56?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts